Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet...




What a bittersweet time it is for me. I have loved, respected, honored, and cherished our beloved Prophet since he was named President of our church at the age of 15. His love and care for the youth of the church touched me deeply at that time. I remember being present for his famous "6 B's" fireside when he mentioned YW should not have more than one set of ears pierced. My friend Lou and I sheepishly looked at each other in embarassment for we both had double holes and vowed to take them out immediately following the fireside. I did so and I have proudly never gone back. His strength, encouragement, and warnings for his fellow church members have given me comfort through some of the darkest hours of my life. I will miss him dearly as so many of you, but I am also full of joy at the thought of his reunion on the other side where he will be sure to numbered as one of our Heavenly Father's good and faithful servants.

1 comment:

Cody Oram said...

He was and is an amazing prophet of God. I too will miss his powerful words and quick wit. I'm sorry i had to be the one to break the news to ya :-)