Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Book Review: Three Cups of Tea & Book Club!




I just finished this book a few days ago and I still find myself thinking about it. This book is life-changing. It made me feel bad that I waste .95 nearly every day to go to the gas station for a drink because that .95 cents collectively if I saved it over the next month could literally pay for one girls education for a whole year! I am insanely jealous of the life that Greg Mortenson leads helping these children in the war-torn Middle East to gain access to a good education and establish some peace for them. Literally the only way to end violence and ignorance is through adequate education starting with children. He is a remarkable man with a wonderful heart and is doing something about the problems he sees in that area of the world. If you haven't read this book, I would recommend it to ANYONE! There is a whole chapter at the end about how you can donate to his charity: Central Asia Institute.

I decided that Tuesday, February 12th at my house would be a good day to have my first book club. I will post a reminder and time and such later. ANYONE who would like to come is invited if you have read the book or not. Come talk about the book or simply just come to be in good company!

6 comments:

Lacy said...

I totally want to come. I am going to try and read the book before then but if not I am still coming!!

amy said...

Your review makes me want to read this book, but it may not happen before Feb 12. I would love to come to Book Club though, just to hang out!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I'm in. Who knows if I can read it that quick...but I'll give it a shot!

Jeff & Melissa said...

I am slowly but surely getting through the book. I should have it done by the 12th... I will! See you then :)

allison said...

I'll be there! I'm still in the first chapter, but I'm going to finish! I can't wait! I think I have a work meeting that night until 6:30, so I hope it's not too early!

Iliana said...

Bummer, I'll be out of town, but it does sound like a good book. I think I'll read it anyway. How are you anyway?!? Long time no see! Lets get together soon!