Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

I know it is now time to get ready for Christmas and I am so excited.......but I want to step back for just a minute and write about my Thanksgiving. My family and I all carpooled down to St. George on Wednesday to enjoy Thanksgiving together. We stayed in a big beautiful house together until Sunday night. We went swimming, hiking, played games, watched movies, and of course Thanksgiving dinner! We had such a fun time! Thanks to Emily's parents for letting us use their beautiful home! This has been an amazing Thanksgiving for me and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. It was just what I needed. That brings me to what I am thankful for.

I am so Thankful for:

1. My children. I have the most amazingly beautiful and intelligent children. Each of them have their own unique personalities that makes our little family so wonderful. Hailey is my sunshine. She is so happy and such a social butterfly. She will make friends wherever we go. Hailey was asked at preschool what she is thankful for this year and she told her class she was thankful for her mommy and Jesus. Bronson is my tender-hearted one. He is so sensitive to everyone and knows just when you need a hug or kiss. Madison is so happy! I have never seen such a happy and good baby! I am not saying that just because she is mine either. She is happy all the time. She wakes up with a smile and goes to bed smiling in her sleep. My children are such a blessing and a joy in my life. I could not possibly make it through what I am experiencing right now in life without them. They bring me such peace and happiness that I will be forever grateful to my father in heaven for them.

2. My family. I have the most awesome wonderful family in the whole world! Family means everything to me. Life is not bearable without them. I want everyone in my family to know just how thankful I am for them. They have been there for me in my life through thick and the even thicker! I couldn't have asked for a better family. I feel so close to everyone in my family and I would do anything for them and I KNOW they would do anything for me and they already have. I really couldn't have asked for a better family!

3. My Savior. I am currently going through the most difficult time in my life right now. I KNOW that my Savior has been through what I am going through and has felt the pain and sorrow in my heart personally. I KNOW he is with me everyday cheering me on, gently urging me to get up and try again everytime I fall. I know he weeps with me when I weep, and I know he is filled with joy when I am happy and at peace. I know I will get through this and I know he will see to it that I do.

I couldn't be more blessed in my life than I am right now. I have so much to be thankful for, that I could go on for pages. This is just the top three. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.....Now bring on CHRISTMAS!!!!







4 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{lindy baker cakes} said...

I liked your post! You are right...you will get through it! You are home now so call me!

Unknown said...

Awesome post!! I need to get on that... You are amazing and honestly sometimes we go through crap so we can see everything wonderful. That's all this is, just preparation for wonderful!!! Thanks so much for watching peys. You are awesome. You seriously helped so much!

Unknown said...

Hey Mer! We are coming home for 3 weeks over Christmas so we will have to get together. Give me a call! Thanks for your post:)