Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So are the days of our lives....

Wow, this post has got quite a lot of catching up involved. First of all, I just want to apologize for not updating my blog for a whole month. I have gotten some rather angry and pushy comments/phone calls. It has been quite busy in our house. Life sure seems to sweep you up in whirlwind of distractions and drop you down before you know what has hit you.

First of all, here are our cute Easter pics. Hailey absolutely looked like a princess (doesn't she always?), Bronson was my handsome man (he is growing up way too fast) and Madison was her usual bubbly self. We had a great day at Nana's house and enjoyed spending time with family.










We finally have our house up for sale. After a couple weeks of spending late nights, (and even later nights) I finally got it all staged. I had some fabulous input from some wonderful decorators and it is finally ready. Now here's the hard part: finding someone to buy it. I am really worried about selling it. The market as we all know has not been so hot, and it is not exactly the best time to be selling. Oh well, keep the faith Meridith.

And last but certainly not least: we finally had a broken bone in our family. Not that I was wanting it or excited about it, I just knew that sooner or later it was bound to happen. With all the bumps, bruises, falls, and trips my kids take it is a wonder it hasn't happened before. One morning we were all sitting on my bed playing and Madison got a little too close to the edge and did a back flip onto the floor breaking both her Radius and Ulna right in half! I took her into the instacare where they did x-rays and told us the news. Hailey was ecstatic that she got a cast, and Bronson was in tears because we had to be around so many doctors. Hailey ended up picking a bright blue cast which lasted only about a week and a half before it got wet and started to really smell, and then we ended up with a pretty purple for about the next two weeks. She is healing quickly and has learned how to lug the thing around pretty well. All in all, she will be healed completely in no time and we will be back to normal (if that is possible for our family).




One more thing, I am excited to be going back to school in May to Provo College to get my R.N. It is both scary and exciting to me. Exciting because I have always wanted to get my R.N., and scary because I haven't been to school in about six years. As soon as I sell the townhouse I will be moving closer to Provo College where Hailey will start Kindergarten in the fall, and Bronson (if he is pottytrained--heaven help me) will start preschool. My kids are so grown up!!! I am thrilled to start our new lives with so many exciting opportunities ahead. It will definitely be hard and I am sure there are days I will doubt I am doing the right thing--but I know in the end I am. I am going to sacrifice for a short while to put myself in a position where I can take care of me and my children so that in the long run we can enjoy life together whatever that may entail. Wow...I really haven't posted in quite a while and I am already getting teary eyed! So that is the condensed version of our life lately and what is going on with us. We are all doing well, broken bones and all.....

8 comments:

Iliana said...

Wow, I didn't know you started school in May.. so soon! You'll do great though even though its scary getting back into it. I really look up to you. You've definately got your head on strait and that is amazing for all the things you have to juggle. Cute easter pics too! Hailey does look so beautiful, and OLD! Your in for trouble!

amy said...

It's about time! I have been waiting for a new post. Hailey's hair looks so pretty curled like that and yes, all your kids look so cute in their Easter best. How sad that Madison broke her arm! She does look cute in the cast. It could have very well been you with the broken bone, but you have mad skills on the tramp. Last, I am excited for you to start back to school and I hope by you moving closer to Provo College, it puts you close to me. Wow, I think I have said enough :) Glad you are going great!

allison said...

It's so great to hear what you've been up to! I've been wondering about you and glad to hear you're doing well! Your kids are so darn cute. I thought you were going to say Bronson was the one with the broken arm after I watched him climb all over stuff! We need to get together soon!!!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I loved your post Meridith. Your kids are all so darling. Hailey looked so beautiful in that dress. Meridith...I seriously love you. Thanks for being such a great friend. I'm really sad you are moving. It makes me sick to my stomach, but I know it's the best thing for your little family. And let's be honest...we'll still be friends!!!

Tasha said...

I'm so glad you finally put up a new post! Thanks for the fantastic update. As always your kids are gorgeous! I love the picture of Madison in her cast, she still looks so happy and is just adorable. I'm glad you're doing well...school starts so soon! Good luck with selling your house and all your classes, and even though things are going to be super busy - please keep us all updated!

Summer said...

Wow Mer, I don't know how you do it all! Let me just be the first to remind you that school SUCKS!! (I know because I haven't finished either, well I'm still going!) I'm glad you updated, I've been curious how you were doing. Well I'd love to see you again SOON!!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

So...I don't know what's going on for tomorrow. Maybe you'll just have to stop by and cry on my shoulder or chase my car as we drive away. Sorry about all the confusion.

Gabby said...

Hey Meredith, I hope you don't mind me blog stalking you:) I saw your blog through Iliana's. I'm so glad to see that you are doing good. Your kids are growing so much. They are so cute. Congrats on your engagement. Hope to keep in touch through this blog at least.