Friday, March 14, 2008

"Your a Mother!"

Interesting the views our children have on life....Yesterday I was curling Hailey's hair for her before a birthday party for a boy at her preschool. This is the conversation we had:

Hailey: "Mom, do you think I am skinny?"

Me: (Bewildered, and grasping for words) "I think you are beautiful just the way you are. There are people that are big, skinny, tall, short, and all shapes and sizes. One is not better than the rest."

Hailey: "Well, I want to be skinny."

Me: "That's fine, you can be whatever you want to be. Do you think I'm skinny?"

Hailey: "Your a mother!"

Me: "Thanks, I guess."

I don't know what is going on in her little mind, but I wasn't sure if she was complimenting me or if I should be completely offended!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Ha! Kids can be so funny. Hailey is adorable and I think you should take what she said as a compliment. Definitely. You're a babe.

amy said...

I need your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog. Will you leave it in the comment section on my blog and then I will erase it. Thanks!

Jennie said...

This is too cute! Kids say the funniest things sometimes :) I have been missing new posts from you! I hope you're out doing fun stuff! Luv ya!