Tuesday, April 29, 2008

No Training Wheels!




Today I took the training wheels off Hailey's bike and while my Dad was down we attempted to teach her how to ride solo. Wow....I can't believe it, my daughter is a genius! She picked it up in about 20 minutes. She seriously was amazing. She hasn't mastered how to turn yet and hasn't quite gotten down how to stop. She just slows down and bails on the bike and sends it to the ground. She did great! Here are some of the pictures and one video. I hadn't used this video key on my camera yet so I didn't get her coming down the street until the last minute, but her comment at the end is priceless. In my defense, it was about the 20th time I had watched her ride down the street all by herself. Gotta love four year olds who are going on 24!

6 comments:

Lacy said...

Yea for Hailey!! I actually saw her doing it yesterday for a second. I was also laughing at your dad who was running beside her. That is the best job!
She always asks the best questions!!

Iliana said...

Gosh Meridith. I can't believe you weren't smiling at your daughter who just learned something totally hard and only wanted to be praised and adored and smiled at. Geez. I'd be totally ticked too :)

amy said...

How exciting for Hailey! I love what she said to you at the end. Her and Ry are SOOO much alike. It's so funny, but at the same time I feel your pain :)

Unknown said...

WOOT WOOT! NICE JOB CUTE GIRL!!!!!

Jeff & Melissa said...

Thats too funny, I dont think I was riding on 2 wheels that young! Have her try the high wire next....

Jennie said...

She is soooo cute! She's a natural on the bike! I'm glad you're doing good! How's the house selling going? Luv ya cutie!