Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hogle Zoo in Febrrrrruary!







Today the kids and I took a trip up to Hogle Zoo. What was I thinking?! It is the middle of February and I had this great idea to go to the zoo and spend two hours outside in 20 degree weather watching the animals enjoy themselves while we RAN from exhibit to exhibit.

Actually, I ended up holding Madison and pushing the stroller (with no one in it) and it wasn't all that bad! Once you are moving and running around after three tigers of your own, it's not that bad.

We watched the monkeys, the tigers, the lions, the giraffes, the lynxes, the penguins, the alligators, the bears, snakes and reptiles, but we didn't get to see the one animal all of us came for: the Elephants! Nope, that's right everybody it was too cold for those big elephants to be outside. I just about lost it because that is specifically what we came to the zoo to see and I never in a million years thought that an animal that big would ever actually be cold. The kids were so disappointed, and I thought Hailey was going to throw something at the poor zookeeper we talked to. Nevertheless, we moved onto the camels and all was well.

I had such a great day at the zoo with my sweet kids and enjoyed every minute of it.
P.S. Hailey decided to cut Bronson's hair yesterday which explains why he is looking prematurely bald....more on that later!

5 comments:

Lacy said...

Looks really fun and really cold! You are so brave. I don't even want to run from my car into the store. Those pics looks really good!

Iliana said...

Ha! Love Bronson's hair!! Oh boy.

So you are the mom of the year. It is so cold and not so fun outside right now! Looks like your kids had a blast though!

Jeff & Melissa said...

Fun Times.... I look forward to Bronson's hair update! Poor guy being tortured by his Sis!

amy said...

Cute pictures of you and the kids! I think you need to win mom of the year for braving the weather and going to the zoo. Want to go again in the spring? Rylee and I would love to go with you!

April said...

It looks like you had fun despite the weather. I can't believe how grown up your kids look, I haven't seen you forever.

ps
I was going to see if I could get the boots and hat back. I finally got decor put up in Braydens room and I want to put them on the shelf.