Friday, February 22, 2008

Bronson gets a Haircut

Here's the before shot:

Here's after with his sucker he got for being good!

I mentioned in my last post that Bronson looks like he is going prematurely bald.....well, the whole story is that the other morning I was getting ready for the day and the kids had been pretty quiet for awhile which scared me so I came downstairs to find that Hailey had taken it upon herself to give Bronson a haircut. There was hair all over my bathroom and they both were laughing. Oh boy! I knew this day would come sooner or later. I was just hoping it was later. I pretended to be very upset with both of them but inside I was dying laughing! I had to turn around a few times to hide the smile on my face and not bust out laughing. It was pretty funny. I hate to admit this but, I took a picture of Bronson's new haircut so I could post a blog and I told Hailey that it was evidence for Santa Claus in case she wasn't a good girl the rest of the year. I am terrible! She was stunned, and now she keeps asking me everyday if she has been a good girl and to please not send the photo to the North Pole....what a girl.

9 comments:

lvohs@hotmail.com & dvohs4@gmail.com said...

You should come! It will be fun! Come for pizza at least!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!! Mckinley never cut her hair nor do I think she will cut Braydens. Brayden on the other hand has tried many times to cut his own hair and I have caught him. I'm just waiting for the day that I blog that Brayden has cut his hair:)

allison said...

Ha ha! That is freaking hilarious! I am mostly laughing at you threatening to send it to Santa Claus! But the whole story is funny! Ahhh...can't wait til I have kids!

Iliana said...

I seriously love your parenting style. The good ole Santa Clause trick works every time. Smart lady. And cute hair cut! He looks so OLD!

Melissa said...

Silence is rarely a good thing with children!!! They are always up to something! I would never have thought of the Santa Clause thing - but that was good! Looks like Bronson was a good sport. He is hillarious! When I watched him last weekend all he talked about the whole time was his vacuum and he kept asking me when he could vacuum my house! I told him it was too messy and he immediately started to pick stuff up off the floor so he could vacuum my carpet - He is so funny!

Melanie Hoopes said...

alright merideth - this is a random comment. I was looking through your blog connections to other people and saw that you know the Nuttals - they were in our married student ward at BYU. How do you guys know them? I love how somehow everyone has a connection. Anyway, like I said -random, thanks for letting catch a glimpse into your life.

amy said...

I guess you have to be grateful she cut Bronson's hair and not her her own. His is definitely easier to "fix". I love what you told Hailey about Santa. I would have done the same thing to Rylee. I love having things to blackmail kids with to keep them disciplined!

Jennie said...

I cannot stop laughing! That is so the thing I'm dreading myself! Baylee has learned how to use scissors and no matter where in the house I hide them, she manages to find them! someday ... ha! I will have to use the santa thing! :)

Sparks Kitchen Renovations said...

Grreat read thank you