Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Julie & Julia



Last night Kami, Heather, and myself went and saw Julie & Julia. I had heard so many great things about this movie, and coming from a family who loves to cook...I was dying to see it. I must say, with all the hype from people commenting on their blogs and such, it TOTALLY lived up to all my expectations! It was a great movie. Kind of a different movie, but LOVED it. Meryl Streep was so Julia Child. She had it down so well. And I am such a huge fan of Amy Adams who was endearing and hilarious in this movie. So many times I related myself to her character in the movie and all the sobbing meltdowns, and wanting to give up. There was a cute love story in each of the main characters lives which made it all the more better. I was thinking of my sister the whole movie wondering if she was laughing as hard as I was at all the cooking disasters. So, I guess I am joining the bandwagon of people raving about this movie....A+!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen and I went to see it (It's OK guys, it's not a "chic flic"). I agree, Meryl Streep is amazing, as she is in any movie. I couldn't quit laughing during the onion chopping scene. Karen went home and immediately made Beef Burginon (butchered that spelling...). It took her hours to make since she even used fresh pearl onions, not the canned ones. It was super!
Phil

Unknown said...

I wish I had seen it. I was supposed to go with the Utah Food Bloggers, but got really sick that day. I'm still bummed I missed seeing it.

Kristen T said...

Can you believe that I haven't seen it yet? I would love to see all the cooking disasters, of which I've had many.

Last night Jared, Mom and I had a Top Chef fest, it was the season premier and we were so excited. I made grilled steaks, Pioneer Woman's Lemon Pasta, Salad and Peach Cobbler. Yum!

Carl and Pat said...

Ditto to the above. We LOVED this movie--I can't even imagine tackling her goal of cooking everything in that cookbook--I've looked through that book, and there is no way! Meryl Streep is one of my all-time favorites, and she never fails to disappoint.