Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of First Grade








Today was the first official day of first grade! I must admit I was kind of sad thinking about Hailey being gone all day. I thought I would be all emotional and crying like I was last year for kindergarten. But, strangely enough I was so excited for her when I woke her up this morning. Hailey is usually pretty grumpy and onry when I have to wake her up, but this morning as soon as I said, "it's time to get ready for school!"....she popped out of bed like she was in a race and started pulling on her carefully laid out clothes for the special day. She is such a giggly little girl when she is excited. She just started bouncing around the house. We got her dressed, did her hair, ate her favorite breakfast of Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal (what kid loves oatmeal) and then took a few pics. Then a knock at the door, her best friend Taylor Knight coming to tell her it was time to go wait for the bus. Heather and I walked to the bus stop with them and took more pictures and then they were off! Bronson, Maddy, Heather, and I got in the car and went to school to take even more pictures...Hailey was so embarassed! We walked to the classroom and just like last year Hailey sits right down at her desk, makes herself acquainted with the kids around her, and then looks at me like...."aren't you suppose to be somewhere!' So a quick picture at her desk and we were off! I couldn't help but feel so excited for her and all the possibilities that lie ahead for her. What a great morning!

This is Maddy with her backpack on waiting to go to scwool! She wants to be big just like her sister. Oh how that day is going to come so fast!

4 comments:

Kristen T said...

Hailey is so adorable. I can't believe how fast she's growing up. I still need to have her over for a sleepover in a few weeks so we can watch Harry Potter:)

Thomas said...

No say it isn't so...school already?
I loved all your pics of Bear Lake. It looks like you had a blast. I like the pic with Oram in the sand you all of you in it. Hope all is well.

hknight said...

Hailey looked SO stinking cute!Thanks for afterschool cookies for my kidddos! You are the best!

hknight said...

Um lame that you stole a picture off my blog! Okay not really but I just wanted to call you lame too!