Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lot's of catching up to do!!!

It has been a crazy busy last few weeks for me and I haven't had time to do any posts lately. I was looking through the pictures on my camera today and realized just how behind I am. This post is completely random! Anyways.....
Cody turned the big 3-0 this year and it was quite the weekend. I threw a surprise party for him and invited all of our friends over to his sister's house:
I'm sure he wasn't that surprised because I accidently sent the email I mailed to everyone telling them about the surprise and forgot to take his name off the list!  Whoops!


I just want to take a minute and write about my sweetheart.  I feel bad I didn't post this on his actual birthday which is June 1st, but better now than never!....I have been through quite a lot in my 27 years, especially the last year or two.  It hasn't been easy for me by any means and I have wanted to just give up many times, but I never did.  I knew I had something wonderful in store for me.  I knew my Heavenly Father had a plan.  I realized what that plan was when I met Cody Ellis Oram.  I wouldn't say I knew immediately that this was the man I was going to marry, but from the very moment I met him I can honestly say I knew there was something special about him and I couldn't just ignore that.  Since I met Cody my life has completely shifted into a whole new direction which is the happiest I have ever been.  Don't get me wrong...I still have many trials and heartaches (that will never change) but I am happy and I finally feel like I know this is where I am suppose to be.  I can honestly say that I know without one single doubt in my mind that Cody and I were meant to be together and share the rest of our lives here on earth.  We have both been through quite a lot and have had many hard and difficult things to endure, and I'm sure that there will still be difficult times ahead.  That is the plan.  But there is something to be said about going through life's trials with the right one.  Somehow I think it will all be more bearable and the happy and good times will far outnumber the hard and trying ones.  I love Cody for who he is today.  Not who he was yesterday, or tomorrow, or at any time in the future.  I love him for who he is right now at this very moment and I know he feels the same about me.  He adores and cherishes me and my three kids.  He respects me, he laughs with me, and even shops with me!  What more could I ask for?!  He is always kind and respectful to everyone and makes them feel important to him.  He is a hard worker.  I always tell him he seems to know a little bit about everything and it is so true!  He is sociable (which I absolutely love) and always up for a party or dinner with friends.  He loves to be adventurous and try new things.  He loves the gospel and wants to help me in my responsibilities to raise my kids in the gospel.  He loves family and friends.  This is what I think I fell in love with first about Cody.  The way he talks about his family and especially his mother and sisters is so refreshing.  I know I am babbling now and going on but I could go on forever.  There are a million things I could say about Cody right now, but simply put:
                    I am the luckiest girl in the world!  I love you Cody!  Happy Birthday!

For his birthday gift I got us tickets to see the AMA Motor races in Tooele.  We had a blast riding out there and spending the day together.  

Isn't he so cute?!!! Such a stud!

Yamaha is his favorite motorcycle so he just had to get a picture in front of their big truck.
Last week I took the kids to Seven Peaks and had a lot of fun in the warm weather while it lasted, which wasn't very long.  We can't wait to go again.  Rain, rain, go away!






I was so excited to go on a cruise with my good friend Lou to Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas.  Here we are on the plane ride out there.  Cody was picking a bike up in San Diego (shocker) and so he got to fly out there with us.  Lou met him for the first time at the airport and just about smacked me upside the head when she found out I was engaged.  I planned on surprising her at the airport though just so I could get a good reaction out of her!

This is the Formal night on the cruise.

This is the view from the beach we snorkeled at in Cabo San Lucas.

This is at La Bufadora (The Blowhole) in Ensenada.
Last but not least.....This is what Maddy looked like when she woke up a few mornings ago....I had to take a picture, can we say Bad HAIR day!!!



13 comments:

Unknown said...

OK I'm sorry, but can we talk about Maddie's hair really quick... HAHAHA! That is awesome. You must frame it in her bedroom. On to the next item. Cody's party was awesome! We had a wonderful time and stayed up way too late considering I had to work at 645 the next morning! We need to start getting together more. Monthly dinners? And now the cruise. I hate you. That's all I can say. Oh and NO FAIR! Love you!

Lacy said...

I think I have said about 14 words to Cody.... but he seems like a great guy. I am glad you are both so happy. Best of luck to you both! Hope you don't move to far away.

-Rob

Lacy said...

Oh, and Yamaha is also my brand of choice. Team Blue!

-Rob

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Love you! Love this post!!! I got your text today, but it was in the middle of receiving about 40 calls from work!!! I'm calling you tomorrow. I love you so much and miss you like crazy.

Iliana said...

Im so glad that in your crazy life you have time for fun! A cruise? So jealous!! And Cody sounds awesome!

Cameron Family said...

Very nice blog! Loved the pics, and the words. Hey i know I need to add you to my blog, so just send me your email to jennyboo77@hotmail.com and I will get you added ASAP. I know you don't want to miss out on probably one of the coolest blogs in blogger! "IT'S THE BOMB!"

KT and Lance said...

Hey Meridith, It's Katey Laser Roundy!! I saw Nicole Jacobsen tonight and she told me how to find your blog! Hope you don't mind! Your family is so cute, and I'm so sorry about everything you have had to go through, but I am soooo a happy that you found love again, and you are happy! I have a blog too, but you'll have to give me your email so I can invite you, mine is private, kind of a pain, but I'm perinoid! My emial is ktroundy@yahoo.com! Love to hear from ya!

Jennie said...

you look so great! How fun to go to warm places! The weather here is sucking it up ;) I'm so glad ur happy! Oh I love the crazy bed hair! We know how that goes too!

Miriam said...

I about died laughing at the that last picture of Maddy! Pricless.

The Bucks said...

Wow it seems like so much has happened in your busy life...Im so excited for you though!! You deserve all of it (relaxation in the sun on a cruise, your awesome wonderful fionce ect.)I look up to you alot for all that you have endured and the person you are...

Heather Gibb said...

Hi Meredith-
I'm so happy to see things are going so good for you! congrats on your engagement! I saw you won an engagement session w/John C(on the heart site). He's a fabulous photographer. When I was new I'd always see him and chat w/him at our film lab in Provo. Have so much fun and best wishes!!!

Richard and Sharon said...

With hair like that Maddie will fit right into our family. And Meredith I have to say again that Cody could have searched the whole world and never found a daughter-in-law that I could love more than I do you. You're awesome!

Sarah said...

You sound so happy, that is awesome. And how fun that you got to go on a cruise. I am jealous. You look so pretty on the dress up night, well actually in all of them!!!!