Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cute Hailey....




We had a total blog-worthy event happen today.  I have no pictures unfortunately, my camera was missing for a while so I just added this picture of Hailey from Easter because it is so dang cute.  Hailey never ceases to amaze me with her random, cute comments.  We were having cousins dinner at Cody's sister's house and Hailey and the kids just had to break into Nalani's candy jar for an after-dinner treat.  I was currently in the restroom and Hailey knows she has to ask permission to have a treat.  So, she did what any kid would do and asked the next person in line to answer the question.  She asked Cody for the treat and he told her that she needed to find mom and ask her.  She looked up at him with a kind of confused, but impatient look on her face and replied quite defiantly, "Well, your my Dad now so can't you decide?"  Oh the laughs we got out of that one.  Cody probably would have given her anything at that point.  Hailey never misses the little things, what a girl.  She is growing up so fast, I can't believe my baby is five and starting kindergarten in the fall.  It seems like just yesterday I was holding my newborn in my arms thanking my Father in Heaven for such a wonderful gift.  Hailey has been through a whole lot this past year and has stood by my side the entire time.  She has seen me cry quite a bit and held my hand or patted my back or lovingly told me it will all be okay.  We have a favorite phrase in our house now a days which is "Life's not fair."  We have all learned (even Bronson) that we don't always get what we want in life and sometimes things happen in life that are just plain not fair, but Life in general is not fair.  On the other hand, we have learned that even with trials, and pain, and suffering, we will always have each other and our family there for us.  We will always have those we love most in life there to support us through our good times and bad.  Our little family has gotten so close through the last year, and our love has grown immensely for each other through our trials.  It is so fun now to see Cody come into our family and add to our love and make our family whole again.  We have so much fun just being together as a family.  We love going to park with a pizza and just sitting and talking in the shade on a blanket for hours.  What could be more wonderful than that?  

This next week the kids are leaving to spend time with their Dad and I am already missing them.  It is tough not having them with me, but I know they miss me and love me while they are gone.  I have a lot to do as well.  I think the townhome has finally sold and I am looking to move around the 30th of June.  So, I have a lot of packing and a lot of wedding planning to get done this week.  If I'm lucky though, I might be able to sneak in an afternoon at Seven Peaks!

6 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Yikes. I can't believe you are leaving! What in the world am I going to do!? I'm going to miss you so much!!!
This is such a cute story and I loved what you wrote at the end! I know that you've all been through a lot, but good that you've made the best of the situation and come together. It's amazing to see the change in your life since Cody! I'm so happy for you and happy that your cute little family is now a little bigger. Love you.

Carrie said...

I was there when Hailey was confused at Cody's lack of decision making skills! So funny!
Meridith, we love you and we love your kids. We are extremely excited to have you in the family!

Lacy said...

Hailey is super cute... okay, now on to business.... What is Cody's email. I have been blog stalking for awhile and can't find it. I found a picture of what I think is broken on the boat.
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7189

Again, Hailey is super cute.

-Rob

Carl and Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carl and Pat said...

Some very insightful and wise words from you, my dear. Amen to Carrie's comment. So happy you and Cody found each other. That comment of Hailey's to Cody was indeed a classic. Your kids are so fun. I love watching Maddy strolling around, what a cutie. Good luck in the house hunting and moving.

Unknown said...

I love that story and since I know Cody I know that he probably felt so good! We miss you guys and can't wait to get together again.