Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's Official!

Last night Cody finally proposed!!! He got me so good too! He didn't want me to have any idea he was proposing so he got some friends to help him out and completely shocked me. He told me we were headed to Sears to "look at tools" and on the way there a Provo police car flashed it's lights and sirens and pulled us over. The officer came up and said that Cody's muffler on his car was hanging too low to the ground and that he didn't have a front plate on his car (which he didn't). So he took Cody's liscence and registration and went back to his car. I was absolutely dying because a while back Cody got a ticket and signed up to do traffic school but never went and by now he probably should have a warrant out for his arrest. So, when both cops came back and were on both sides of the car I knew it was bad and Cody was going to be arrested. My heart was pounding, my palms were sweating, and I swear I was either going to start crying or have a panic attack. I just kept thinking of my boyfriend being hauled off to jail right in front of me and I had no money to bail him out. So they took Cody out and began to search him while I am in the passenger seat trying to talk myself into being rational and not crying in front of the police officers to please not take my boyfriend away. All of the sudden the officer comes over and asks me to get out of the car as well and he wants to search the car. I had a death grip on my phone ready to call Nalani, or my mom to bail him out and slowly got out of the car and watched as they padded Cody down. The officer kept asking me to stand where they could see me towards the back of the car while they searched the trunk. So all of the sudden Cody turns around and has the ring and drops down on one knee and all I could think was "Cody, this is seriously not the time to be proposing to me, not like this!" It still had not donned on me that this was all a huge set up. Cody had to literally say to me, "Meridith, this is a set up will you marry me?" When it finally hit me what was going on I was mad as hell that he got me soooo good and then so dang excited that he was finally proposing and I was finally going to get my ring! I was so ticked that he had put me through all of that, I think I even threw my phone on the ground. I'm sure it was pretty funny to watch me go through all of those emotions. It took me a few minutes to even say yes. Sam and Chari who work for the Provo police department and helped Cody set this all up jumped out of their car from across the street where they had been watching the whole time and were laughing because I hadn't said yes yet. Needless to say I forgave him (how could I not? just look at the ring!!!) and we are getting married the last weekend in August! Also, keep checking back because the police officers had their Dash Cam going the whole time and recorded everything and are giving us a copy which I will post as soon as we get it. I love you Cody! You have made me the happiest woman in the world.....just by being you.


25 comments:

Iliana said...

I can't wait to see that ring!! YEA!!

Lindy said...

It makes me happy to see you so happy! Love you.

Chari said...

We are so excited for you both and we are glad we were able to share in your special moment :)

nalani said...

I love that story!!!! The real question is...would I have have provided bail money for Cody if you had called me??? HA! HA! I'm so excited for the both of you. It's so nice to see that you have both found the perfect person in eachother! You're going to make the best addition to our family.....finally a sister-in-law who loves shopping as much as I do!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the ring and I am so happy for you both!!! I feel so special that you guys called me so quick! Love you both and let's get planning.... we got a party to get going!

Summer said...

Wow Mer, CONGRATULATIONS!! That's so funny because JD had me arrested when he proposed, kindof similar, but I think I said every swear word under the sun and I'm pretty sure I even remember kicking him because my hands were in handcuffs. I'm excited for you, you'll have to e-mail or call me with more of the scoop!

amy said...

Who knew that Cody had it in him to be so creative? I guess that's what being in love is all about! I am excited for y'all and can't wait to see that ring in person!

Kristen T said...

Mer, I love ya and I'm so happy for you and Cody! He will fit right in with our family.

allison said...

That is such exciting news! I am very happy that you've found someone that makes you so happy. I haven't seen you in person together, but you are GLOWING in that last picture! Congratulations! You definitely deserve every bit of it! I miss talking to you since we caught up at the book club! We really need to get together-- maybe something where we can all meet Cody!

Unknown said...

That's awesome, I am so happy for you Meridith. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Keep us posted on the details:)

Lacy said...

I am so happy for you!! You deserve to be happy and loved. I LOVE your ring!

Carl and Pat said...

Love to you both! And we all know Cody will be a great husband and father. Thanks to you for making him so happy and bringing back the old Cody we all love so much!

Brittany said...

Awkward I know, but this blog is the best way for me to see my sweet nieces and nephew. Congrats Meridith, he seems like a really great guy and we wish you all the best!

Cameron Family said...

Congrats! Love the story, love the ring, love you!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

The 2nd comment...the lovebirds comment was from me! I didn't want you to think I didn't care. But I guess I've already talked to you anyway. I love you so much. I'm serious!!!!

Katie said...

Meridith! So Sherry found my blog and hers led me to you! Looks like life is awesome!! And CONGRATULATIONS too!

Nate and Nicole said...

Congrats!!! Your mom leaked the word at my wedding dinner but since I was so busy, I kind of forgot until now!!!!
CONGRATS!

Jennie said...

Mer! Congrats! I am sooooo happy for you! You deserve the best and Cody sounds like a great guy! My mom told me after Nicole's dinner on Friday ... that's so exciting! Keep us up on the wedding stuff! If you need anything let me know :) luvs!

Mrs. B said...

Congrats from Cody's favorite cousin. I really hope you both an eternity of love and happiness!

Ann's ART said...

Congratulations Meridith! You need to post some more details about this man, your plans and your love story for those of us who only get the news through blog stalking!!! I am excited for you!

shannon p. said...

Wow!!! I am so happy for you Meridith! What an exciting time in your life! I can't believe it took me this long to find out - I guess it's been a couple weeks since I've seen you.

Thomas said...

That is too funny. Good job Cody. You'll be a cute family. I'm excited for you to be part of the family. You are such a great person. You're perfect for Cody. I could tell when I was there, he was so happy to have found you.

Janelle said...

I guess I am a little late but congrats. I guess that's what happens when I don't check my blogs and slack on VT. PS when can we come VT I want to hear all about it and him.

Sarah said...

Okay that is so cute, how exciting, i can not wait to see the video!!!! I would kill Justin, but then again how could you not say yes!!! Congrats

Andrea said...

Oh WoW... Congratulations to you Meridith!!! You look so happy together, and oh my is that rock
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S :) You look fantastic!!