Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!




Saturday we ditched the rain and easter egg hunts and opted to take the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens and enjoy being out of the rain.  After we got home Grandpa Oram brought over cookies to decorate.  The kids had so much fun piling on all the frosting they could onto their cookies and into their mouths.  Grandpa Oram is so great!





Yesterday was such a wonderful day!  The kids woke up and enjoyed their baskets from the Easter Bunny and loved their Easter outfits.  After the excitement and the sugar highs set in we turned on the Testaments to watch as a family.  I was surprised that for the most part the kids sat and watch the entire video with us.  It was a good teaching opportunity to teach them what Easter really is about and what the Atonement is.  We all got ready for church and we headed over with Grandpa Oram in tow.  He was here visiting for a little while and decided to come to church with us and watch Hailey bear her testimony in primary.  



Church was great and Hailey did a wonderful job.  I got a new calling---teaching the 12 year olds in Sunday School.  I might want to mention that there are 14-16 kids in the class!!!!  Yikes!  On one hand I am scared to death, and on the other I am excited f0r the opportunity to teach and make a difference in their young lives.  

After church we headed up to my Mom's house to have dinner with my family.  We had a blast eating, talking, and watching the kids hunt for eggs.  Grandma Great even had fun watching.





I'm so grateful this Easter for my Savior.  I'm grateful for the Atonement.  Not just so we can be forgiven of our sins, but because it made Jesus that much more able to be there for us in our times of trial and tribulation.  He didn't just suffer our sins, but suffered our heartaches, sadness, and pain that result from either sin or tribulation.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to reflect on that this day and renew my spirit to face all of my trials and tribulations  knowing that he is with me and he truly knows my pain.  

Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We haven't seen those kids in so so long!!! Everytime we see you guys they are in bed or gone! I loved Easter as well. Just so wonderful to have everyone turning to the Savior in one day as we should everyday. Go check my blog, you guys have to go see that exhibit!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

These pictures are darling Meridith! I love them! I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting!

Thomas said...

Love the update. So fun to see the generation pics.