Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A sweet treat for my sweetheart!


I got in a little "Martha Stewart" baking mood today and decided to bake something festive.  Then I decided to take the "Martha Stewartness" to the next level by baking the bread in a heart pan.  Yum!
Here's the recipe:

Chocolate-Chip Pumpkin Bread
5 Eggs, well beaten
3 C. Sugar
2 1/2 C. Canned Pumpkin
2 C. Oil
4 1/2 C. Flour
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. Baking Soda
4 1/2 t. Cinnamon
1 1/2 t. Nutmeg
1 1/2 t. Cloves
1 t. Ginger
1 1/4 C. Milk Chocolate Chips (I added way more than that!)
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.  Cream eggs and sugar.  Add pumpkin and oil.  Add dry ingredients slowly and combine thoroughly.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Pour into 4 greased and lightly-floured loaf pans.  Bake for 45 minutes.
*This recipe can be halved or bread loaves can be frozen. 

3 comments:

Kristen T said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Um hello delicious!!!

Thomas said...

I love anything with pumpkin in it. Yummy! -Maile