Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Honeymooning in Hawaii...with Family!

Most of you know Cody and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. It was amazing! I seriously have never had a better vacation (or honeymoon) for that matter! We walked on the beach holding hands in the moonlight, ate seriously yummy food all day, slept in, took naps, relaxed on the beach, visited all the fun tourist sites, and enjoyed being a married couple with no kids! Cody's family was also over there for Kami's baby blessing and so we even got to hang out with them when we wanted....what more could I ask for?! We truly had such a great time and if I could have shipped my kids and all my stuff over there, I never would have left! I love the Hawaiin culture, food, lifestyle, and their spirit. They are the happiest and most carefree, loving people. It is such a beautiful place, everywhere you look is a postcard-worthy picture. Now that we are home and I have gotten over the withdrawals of being in the most beautiful place in the world, I still can't wait to go back, but I also love my life here and I am so overwhelmed with how immensely blessed I am. I really couldn't have imagined over a year ago how lucky and happy I would be today. I am married to the love of my life finally and I am continually amazed at how much more deeply in love I am with him everyday. He is supportive, loving, kind, and yes, patient! Three kids and a crazy wife that worries about things like the stock market crashing at 2 AM--you wouldn't survive if you didn't have patience! Everytime I look at these pictures of our honeymoon I will remember the wonderful time we had, but look forward to a lifetime of memories, vacations, and great times with the greatest husband in the world! The next trip we are planning might not be as romantic as Hawaii, but I think the kids will like it! Hint: M-I-C-K-E-Y- M-O-U-S-E!!!!!

The Temple in Laie
This is in front of the Polynesian Cultural Center (Our memory card ran out right before we went in so this is the only one we have!)
On our Sunset Dinner Cruise:

The Famous Dole Plantation
This is the most memorable day in Hawaii in a little town called Haliewa.  We just played at the beach all day.
This is at Matusmoto's World Famous Shaved Ice Shop. The best in Hawaii!
Cody was rejected from the 2008 Bejing Olympics, but gave us a great performance!
Lounging at the pool.
On our way to the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor.
Cody's parents and us at Pearl Harbor.
This is on the Sunset Dinner Cruise...the waitress placed a whole lobster on my plate, and I just about lost it.  I swear the thing wasn't dead yet and was staring at me.  I love the look on my face!
The first night on the beach at Sunset.
Our Hotel had ponds all around it with all kinds of fish, sting rays, and sharks swimming around.
Our first morning there we woke up at six to take a walk on the beach and watch the sun rise.
I love this picture Cody took.  When I look at this picture, I remember everything about our trip.  So peaceful!
This is the view from our Hotel room overlooking the Hotel's private bay.  We woke up to this view every morning, you can't get any better than this!


9 comments:

Iliana said...

Looks so so nice! Jealous! You look great too...who'd of guessed you had three kids?!

April said...

I'm jealous! Looks like you had a great time, your kids are going to love your next trip!!!

Cameron Family said...

Loved the pics and LOVE Hawaii! I cannot wait to go back either! Looks like you guys had a great time! Cannot wait to hang out!

Carrie said...

Dang, I gotta get myself to Hawaii one day. Those pictures are amazing! I wondered how you'd feel about being on your honeymoon with your in-laws...you are a great sport! Course, you have great in-laws so I guess it's a win-win. :)
Welcome back to reality and your next vacation sounds like fun too!

Mark and Robyn Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark and Robyn Family said...

Meridith, you don't know me, but I have know Cody for a long time. This is Robyn, Maile's siter in law. I just wanted to tell you both how happy we are for you!! Your pictures are drop dead gorgeous and you both look so happy. Congratulations to you both!!!

nalani said...

I LOVE the picture of you and the lobster---too funny! You have some fun pictures on here. So are we invited to come along to Disneyland too???....oh wait, Jed hates that place.

Unknown said...

I still love that single umbrella picture. Where are all the pretty pics you took? Dang, we need a vacation

Carl and Pat said...

These are great--are you sure that in the lobster picture you aren't trying to figure out the pineapple on the top of your head?!! Congrats again and again!