Wednesday, August 6, 2008

More of Hailey....gotta love it!

So I just had to catch up on some of the CRAZY funny things Hailey has said recently. She never ceases to amaze me with her quick wit, and extremely mature attitude!

The other day Hailey had her new best friend Layla from downstairs up at our place having lunch with us. The kids were at the table eating and I was in the kitchen cleaning of course. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing at their conversation:

Layla: Is your Daddy at work Hailey?

Hailey: No, we have THE DIVORCE. Do you know what THE DIVORCE is?

Layla: Uh-uh.

Hailey: THE DIVORCE is when you aren't married anymore and you don't live together, and you never, ever, are together again. Right, Mom?

Me: Yep, that 's right Hailey.

Layla: Oh.

Hailey: But, my Mom is marrying Cody and he's really nice. He likes kids, especially new kids....and motorcycles. Oh, and he doesn't like it when you don't listen to my Mom.

I was seriously bursting at the seams. I was laughing because it was really funny to hear things explained from a five-year-olds point of view, but I was also bursting with pride that she understood everything so well, and that she is not afraid to tell her friends and is proud of her family. Love her!

A few day's later we were shopping at Kohl's and I was in the bra section because Vera Wang has apparently crossed over from designing beautiful wedding dresses, to designing anything and everything including bras and underwear. That woman is talented, dang. Anyways all her bra's were buy two get one free, so I had to check it out. Here's how the conversation went:

Hailey: Mom, what are these things for? (Holding up a very lacy, very well padded bra)

Me: Ummmm....well, they help support mommies.

Hailey: (Holding the bra up to my chest and grinning, and then points to my chest and says): Oh, so it holds up those little things?

Me: (Absolutely horrified) Yes Hailey, thank you Hailey for pointing that out.

Hailey: Sure mom, you should get one of these!

Ah, gotta love her. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe how hilarious that kid is! I was cracking up reading that!

Kristen T said...

Kids are great for the self esteem:)